Sheila has written up a hilarious reviewer rant about what she has learned from Twitter! I know I could learn a thing or two from this!
Things I Have Learned from Twitter:
I am what people may call, technology challenged. I don’t even own a cell phone (not that I would know how to use it). The most advanced thing I owned before becoming a reviewer for Dark Faerie Tales was my calculator. Learning how to make it say “hello” was the pinnacle of awesomeness.
Only in the last few months have I learned about Twitter, Pinterest, and all the other fun things the kids do these days. Since I don’t want to think that I was the only one who didn’t know this stuff, I decided to share some of the wonderful things that I have learned specifically on Twitter. So without further ado…
Ten Things I learned on Twitter:
1. I can share my love with people just by doing this: <3
2. I can be sarcastic without recrimination if I add this to the end of my tweet:
3. With only 140 characters to use, I am far more witty on Twitter than I could ever be in real life.
5. It is a great place to meet people that share your passions and interests, like coffee. Another great example is television shows. Now you can complain and rant about shows with others without having to share the popcorn.
6. Authors are people too. They complain and laugh and make the occasionally odd action (translated with the use of *’s) just like the rest of us.
7. LMFAO and WTF are great ways to cuss without getting in trouble. It’s like being back in middle school…
8. I no longer have to scour the internet looking for funny shows, pictures, or sayings: The good stuff gets passed around faster than a bad case of VD.
9. DM means direct messaging. You get to chat with just one person without having to share them with the rest of us.
10. Some of your followers are spam. Can you believe that? SPAM! FYI – I am including those that tweet promos for their stuff on a consistent basis. It’s like Twitter’s version of commercials.
Now you know what I know. Well, at least about Twitter. If I forgot something, tweet me: @Sheila_DFT. Don’t hoard the information like it’s gold, dude. Better yet, follow all of us. We are totally coolio like that, yo.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.