Synopsis (Product Description):
In Beatrice Prior’s dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can’t have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris, and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together, they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes-fascinating, sometimes-exasperating boy fits into the life she’s chosen.
But Tris also has a secret: one she’s kept hidden from everyone, because she’s been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly-perfect society, she also learns that her secret might be what helps her save those she loves . . . or it might be what destroys her.
This tour sign-up is now CLOSED.
Blog Tour Schedule
- Mrs. DeRaps (ME)/DC: 9102010521297463176053
- Christina S. (PA)/DC: 0310 1230 0001 1468 4707
- Nely S. (FL)/DC: 0310 3200 0000 2645 9953
- Jessica E. (TX)/DC: 0310 0480 0003 2185 5682
- Cynthia 11 (TX)/DC: 0309 2880 0002 3024
- Alisa S. (TX)/DC: 0310 3200 0000 7299 7461
- Ruby C. (CA)/DC: 03102640000068628727
- Christie I. (LA)/DC: 9102785091401964093400
- Kristen G. (AL)/DC: 0310 2640 0000 1510 3086
- Melissa W. (IN)/DC: 0311 0240 0000 3517 1989
- Jo (IL)/DC: 03103490000014056875
- Annie (OH)/DC: 031004800000 6065 2122
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.