1. Can you introduce yourself to my readers?
Hi, I’m LA Banks,the author of the Vampire Huntress Legends series–a 12 book epic published by St. Martin’s Press Vampire Huntress and the Crimson Moon Novels series — a 6 book series that includes shape-shifters, werewolves, vampires, and the Fae (also St. Martin’s Press.) Prior to writing in the paranormal genre — I literally “cut my teeth” (yeah, bad pun) in the romance and women’s fiction genres: Leslie Esdaile Banks. Now I’m branching into comics, graphic novels, and YA. This BEA we’ll be unveiling issue #1 of the comic, Vampire Huntress at the Dynamite Entertainment booth #4571 on Wednesday, 5/26.
2. Are there any special events, panels or galleys you are looking forward to?
The best part of BEA for me is walking around and seeing all the new stuff and connecting with old friends and folks on the floor. That’s what I find the most exciting about it all!
3. Will this be your first time attending BEA or are you a veteran? Any advice for those who are going for the first time?
I’m a veteran, and my best advice is to pace yourself. If you can get to a quiet corner and figure out which booths/events/talks are most important to you, stake those out and plan a route… but don’t try to do it all, OMG you’ll keel over, ha ha ha!
4. Will you be doing an autograph signing at the expo? Any other fun stuff on your agenda?
Just the signing this year–I’m popping in and out for the day. I’m on such crazy deadlines that I really have to get back home to write
5. What other projects are you working on that you would like to tell us about?
Yes… two BIGGIES… 1. I just signed a deal with Pocket Books to do a new angels and demons series (one of the reasons I have to get back home–BIG SMILE), and 2. I just signed with a small new house, Sea Lion Publishing, to do my forthcoming YA–Shadow Walker–which is a follow on to the successful Vampire Huntress Legends series (the next generation.)
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.