I’m Shannon Delany and I’m a Cyber Cinderella. My big break happened when I won the first-ever cell phone novel contest in the western world (through Textnovel.com) with a very abbreviated and serialized version of the first novel in my debut YA paranormal series, 13 to Life (launching June 22 from St. Martin’s Griffin). When I’m not traveling to meet readers, daydreaming, writing or editing, I’m busy with my modest family farm, raising heritage livestock like Jacob sheep, Highland cattle and Muscovy ducks. My author site’s ShannonDelany.com and my series’ website is 13toLifeSeries.com.
2. Are there any special events, panels or galleys you are looking forward to?
There’s so much I’m looking forward to at BEA! I want to snag a copy of Jackie Kessler’s YA paranormal debut HUNGER, get a copy of Jeri Smith-Ready’s SHADE (she’ll be signing!) and I can’t wait to do the book blogger and Class of 2k10 meetups we’re scheduling so bloggers can get multiple interviews quickly and easily. There are also a bunch of things we’re doing outside of BEA itself, including readings at Books of Wonder, the NYPL and The Voracious Reader. I’ll get to meet a bunch of the Class of 2k10 (a group of debut YA and MG authors) and you can too! And that’s just the beginning! This trip also lets me meet my editor, Michael Homler, face-to-face for the first time.
3. Will this be your first time attending BEA or are you a veteran? Any advice for those who are going for the first time?
I’m a complete newbie to BEA. Expect me to look stunned 95% of the time (the other 5% I’ll probably be so stunned I won’t even look stunned any more).
4. Will you be doing an autograph signing at the expo? Any other fun stuff on your agenda?
I won’t be signing at the expo, unfortunately. But I’m going to bring a very limited number of excerpt booklets/chapbooks (the prologue and first chapter of 13 to Life) to sign for people at the off-site readings the Class of 2k10 is doing. And swag–I always carry werewolfy swag so just ask me for some when you see me. Unfortunately (or fortunately, maybe) we blasted through our allotted ARCs of 13 to Life at ALA Midwinter in Boston and since the novel hits stores about a month after BEA there won’t be any ARCs or finished copies at BEA itself.
5. What other projects are you working on that you would like to tell us about?
Well, 13 to Life is the beginning of a series that I’m actually wrapping up right now (the timing in publishing boggles my mind some days–never a dull moment!). When I’m not working on that series I’m working on a couple other YA-related projects. Each of them is vastly different from the others except that there’s always some sort of intrigue and betrayal, there’s always some difficulty with the romance and always–always–lots of action and danger.
Thank you so much, Angela!
Synopsis (Product Description):
Something strange is stalking the small town of Junction…
When junior Jess Gillmansen gets called out of class by Guidance, she can only presume it’s for one of two reasons. Either they’ve finally figured out who wrote the scathing anti-jock editorial in the school newspaper or they’re hosting yet another intervention for her about her mom. Although far from expecting it, she’s relieved to discover Guidance just wants her to show a new student around—but he comes with issues of his own including a police escort.
The newest member of Junction High, Pietr Rusakova has secrets to hide–secrets that will bring big trouble to the small town of Junction—secrets including dramatic changes he’s undergoing that will surely end his life early.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.