Please join us in welcoming author Christine d’Abo here today to Dark Faerie Tales! The first book in her new Shadow Guild steampunk romance series, Gilded Hearts, recently hit shelves on January 7th from Forever Yours/Hachette. You can read an excerpt from the book here.
One lucky reader will win a digital copy of Gilded Hearts by Christine d’Abo! This giveaway is provided by Hachette Book Group.
Christine d’Abo is hooked on romance. As a novelist and short story writer with over thirty publications, including the immensely popular Long Shots series, the imagination is always flowing. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs. Look for the first book in her exciting new steampunk romance series, coming soon from Forever Yours.
Want to read more from Christine d’Abo?
Top 5 List Topic: Steampunk Gadgets or Must Have Outfits in Your Closet or Top 5 Sexy Items
I’ve been collecting a number of steampunk items since I first got interested in the genre. For me, the gadgets are the coolest part of being submersed in the world. Here are just a few of the items I’ve collected.
1. Goggles. I think this is the natural first item a lot of people get. They are the classic “hey this is steampunk” thing that people identify with.
2. Medals and badges. I’ve picked up a number of these as time has gone on. I find it helps build my character, builds my backstory and gives me a physical reminder of what my character has gone through.
3. Costume. I have a pair of knee high brown suede boots, tweed pants and vest, along with an inventor’s hat. As soon as I slip into this, I feel more the part. Next on my list is a proper corset to put on under the vest.
4. I have a mini magnifying glass and a compass that I’ve recently added to my collection. They are brushed metal and have that worn look to them.
5. Gear Jewelry. I have gears, robots, sea creatures…I love them all. It’s an easy way to keep the steampunk with me, even when I can’t go all out.
This contest is provided by Hachette Book Group
One lucky reader will win a digital copy of Gilded Hearts by Christine d’Abo
Available January 7, 2014 from Forever Yours/Hachette
About this Book:
Samuel Hawkins, Sergeant in the King’s Sentry, has been called in to investigate a murder case. As he awaits the Archivists to arrive—the team who will use a special device to extract the memories of the dead man to help find clues to his murder—he never expects to come face to face with the woman he’d left behind when he’d fled the Archives five years earlier.
Piper Smith has grown from the girl Samuel remembered into a strong woman and full-fledged archivist. Shadowed by her mentor, Master Ryerson, Piper will be performing her first extraction. When she sees Samuel, she must push aside her childhood crush, else risk her standing within the Guild.
As the two begin working together to find the killer, Samuel and Piper explore their intense attraction to each other. But “Jack the Ripper” proves to be harder to catch than the two originally thought. What’s worse, they discover he may very well work for the Archives. Now, Samuel and Piper must battle internal and external threats as they try to foil a plot against the Crown and stop Jack the Ripper from taking his next victim.
Click HERE to read an excerpt
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.