Last weekend, I had the honor of going to my first book signing. Our local independent book store, Watermark Books, hosted the last date on the Empire of Storms tour with Sarah J. Maas. This is the first book signing in my area that I was really excited about since I started reviewing books. Although I will say I don’t really remember looking too hard for signings so I may have missed out on some really good authors.
I went to the event with several friends of mine who were all completely ecstatic to meet Sarah. Some backstory about my group of friends. Several years ago I introduced my friend Anjelica to Throne of Glass. She absolutely loved it and got Chatney, Jennifer and Taylor to also read the series. We absolutely love both series by Sarah and often get into arguments about who is going to marry Rhysand now!
(Chatney, Me, Anjelica, Taylor & Jennifer)
The event was packed! There were people sitting on the floor and lining the walls. They had to move it from the store location to an empty store to fit all the people.
Here are some of the highlights from the event:
- Empire of Storms in three words can be described as Bloody, Steamy and Emotionally-Devastating. (Which is exactly how Anjelica described the book to me after she read it.)
- One of the artists in the Throne of Glass coloring book is John Howe who did a lot of the concept art for the Lord of the Rings movies. The Witch King was one of Sarah’s inspirations towards Manon and the Twelve.
- There will also be a coloring book for The Court of Thorns and Roses series and one of the artists will be Charlie Bowater, who does a lot of the fan art!
- The TV series for Throne of Glass will be called Queen of Shadows because Throne of Glass sounds too much like Game of Thrones. The director and writer for the pilot have already signed on for this Hulu bound series.
- The Court of Thorns and Roses will have three more novels and two novellas! Book three has already been written and it will be the last book for Feyra, Rhysand and Tamlin. The other three novels will follow someone else in that world.
- The last book in Throne of Glass hasn’t been written yet but she already knows the last line and who will survive. The only guaranteed survivor is Fleetfoot!
- Sarah is writing a DC comics novel for Catwoman! It should be released in August of 2018!
Then we waited over two hours to get our books signed! It was worth it! There I met the only cosplayer of Celaena in the crowd! Her name is Morgan Currier and we had a lot of fun discussing the books with her while waiting.
(Me being an idiot and not knowing what to say to Sarah!)
(Chatney being Star-Struck and knowing exactly what to say!)
(Anjelica telling Sarah about her “To Rattle the Stars…” tattoo!)
One terrible thing did end up out of the event. I finally signed up to SnapChat. If you know me, I absolutely hate taking pictures of myself so this was a work in progress.
Thank you Sarah, Bloomsbury Publishing & Watermark Books for this wonderful event!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.