Dark Faerie Tales is pleased to have author Lauren Smith on the blog today! The Bite of Winter is a paranormal erotica novella set in the Love Bites series. Check out Lauren’s Top 10 list of what she loves most about vampires below. I have to say I agree with almost all of them! The Bite of Winter will be released tomorrow, November 24th, from Samhain Publishing.
Be sure to enter the contest below! Three lucky readers will each win a $5 Amazon Gift Card and winner’s choice of any backlist title of Lauren’s from Samhain.
Amazon Best-Selling Author Lauren Smith is an attorney by day, author by night, who pens adventurous and edgy romance stories by the light of her smart phone flashlight app. She’s a native Oklahoman who lives with her three pets: a feisty chinchilla, sophisticated cat and dapper little schnauzer. She’s won multiple awards in several romance subgenres including being an Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel Award Quarter-Finalist and a Semi-Finalist for the Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Award.
Want to read more from Lauren Smith?
Dark Faerie Tales- Ten Things I Love About Vampires – Lauren Smith
I love vampires. Seriously. I could read and write about them all day. There’s something about their dark, magnetic pull that sucks you (pun intended) and I can’t seem to get them out of my head. So here’s my top ten things I love about Vampires.
1. Immortality- Who doesn’t want a man that’s young and beautiful forever? Maybe you’ll talk him into turning you into a vampire too.
2. Brooding- They have that whole bad boy tortured act going on, and you just love the mystery of it.
3. Blood- They need you to survive, or at least to have a drink now and then *wink
4. Hypnotic eyes- You can just lose yourself in their gaze for hours.
5. Sensual lips- It seems like they always have full kissable lips and there’s a hint of fang when they smile.
6. Tall- They are usually tall, towering over you and making you feel small and delicate, which is sort of nice if you’re a bigger gal like me.
7. Preternatural Strength- They can lift you up and carry you off to their sexy lair and you’re just along for the ride. Who wouldn’t love that?
8. Neck nibbling- In their quest for blood, they might take a little nibble out of your neck, a well-known erogenous zone. Yes please!
9. Bed-time- No, I don’t mean go to sleep time, I mean sexy time. Because they’re sensual creatures, they have seduction down pat and making love with a vampire will be mind-blowing.
10. Shifting- Depending on your favorite type of vampire, you might have one who can shift into a wolf, or maybe a bat. How cool is that?
This giveaway is provided by Lauren Smith!
Three lucky readers will each win a $5 Amazon Gift Card and winner’s choice of any backlist title of Lauren’s from Samhain!
Available November 24, 2015 from Samhain Publishing
About this Book:
Zoey is down on her luck, homeless and jobless over Christmas. When she’s attacked in an alley, she’s rescued by two century old Irish vampires named Ian and Connor. It’s up to them to win her heart over Christmas.
Zoey Blake is about as far down on her luck as she can get. A car crash took her parents, leaving her destitute and on the street. When she’s attacked by another homeless person, her lifeblood drains away as her fading vision is filled with the face of a handsome stranger.
Ian Kennedy, a century old Irish vampire, never could resist rescuing a stray. As a few drops of his blood heals Zoey’s wounds, he realizes she’s a sweet, tempting, flesh-and-blood woman. But there’s one problem. Connor, who made Ian promise decades ago: no more mortal lovers.
After another vampire murdered his soulmate, Connor O’Shea swore never to let a mortal woman pay the price for loving him. Until he feels Zoey’s skin and tastes her lips. She makes him want to break that vow.
Zoey finds herself caught in their web of seduction. But as Christmas draws near and her grief deepens, happiness seems far out of reach. And Ian and Connor join forces to prove their love is sacred, special…and forever.
Warning: This book contains two scorching-hot Irish vampires, one lady with plenty of pluck but zero luck, naughty lingerie, and enough Christmas cheer to redeem even the darkest creatures.