We are so excited to be a part of the blog tour for The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood. This is an unconventional blog tour, where everyone will concentrate on today, May 3. The Square Root of Summer focuses on time capsules and capturing one specific moment, we thought it was perfect.
We are all different, and specific moments can change (especially if you go back in a wormhole!), so each blogger was given a set of questions to answer. Today, we all share something that we would include in a time capsule. Isn’t it great?
- What Brings You The Most Joy In Life?
- February 2016: Since it’s my birthday month, I get to spend time with family and friends (more so than previous months). If I get amazing presents, it’s always an added bonus.
- May 2016: I am thoroughly enjoying my kids right now. They are slowly becoming readers and it is wonderful.
- What Are You Reading?
- February 2016: I just finished rereading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I needed to get out of a reading slump, and her words always do it for me.
- May 2016: I am currently devouring The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. It has me on the edge of my seat and I am thrilled with it!
- What Is Something You’re Really Looking Forward To?
- February 2016: I’m pretty excited for the Penguin Tour, Fierce Reads Tour, and YallWest.
- May 2016: Now that most of the book events are finished, I can concentrate on SDCC!
- What Is One Thing That’s Worrying You?
- February 2016: I start physical therapy for my knee soon. I’m not sure how I’m going to survive that.
- May 2016: My knee almost killed me during YallWest. I have no idea how I’m going to survive SDCC!
- What Is Something That You Always Have With You?
- February 2016: My Kindle and my phone with photos of my kids.
- May 2016: My Kindle, photos, my phone, a sharpie, and post-its.
- What Is Something That You Wish You Could Change?
- February 2016: Find a way to read more.
- May 2016: I need to create a wormhole so that I can attend every possible book event in California.
Harriet Reuter Hapgood is a freelance journalist who has worked with Marie Claire, ELLE, and InStyle in the UK. The Square Root of Summer was inspired by her German mathematician grandfather and her lifelong obsession with YA romance. She majored in Romantic Comedies in Newcastle University and wrote her MA dissertation on Dawson’s Creek. She lives in Nottingham.
The Square Root of Summer lands May 2016 in the US and the UK.
Available May 3, 2016 from Roaring Book Press/Macmillan
About this Book:
My heart is a kaleidoscope, and when we kiss it makes my world unravel . . .
Last summer, Gottie’s life fell apart. Her beloved grandfather Grey died and Jason left her – the boy to whom she lost her virginity (and her heart) – and he wouldn’t even hold her hand at the funeral! This summer, still reeling from twin heartbreaks, Gottie is lost and alone and burying herself in equations. Until, after five years absence, Thomas comes home: former boy next door. Former best friend. Former everything. And as life turns upside down again she starts to experience strange blips in time – back to last summer, back to what she should have seen then . . .
During one long, hazy summer, Gottie navigates grief, world-stopping kisses and rips in the space-time continuum, as she tries to reconcile her first heartbreak with her last.
Click HERE to read an excerpt