**Visit All Things Urban Fantasy today for her Deadly Destination tour with C.J. Omololu & enter for a chance to win one of two signed sets of the paperback of Transcendence and the hardcover of Intuition**
Deadly Destinations goes to some date night locations from the Hereafter series by Tara Fuller. The third novel in this young adult paranormal series, Elegy, was released on June 4, 2013 from Harper Teen. Want to know our thoughts on the first two novels in this series, Hereafter and Arise? Read our reviews for Hereafter and Arise by clicking on the titles.
The HEREAFTER Series’ Guide to Date Night
Ah, the flowers. Ah, the romance. Ah, the demonic interlopers.
Date night for ghostly Amelia Ashley and her human boyfriend Joshua Mayhew has never been an easy affair. But fortunately for this supernatural couple, they don’t lack for romantic moments! Here’s a list of the lovers’ favorite – and most dreaded – hot-spots for Date Night.
3. Jackson Square (New Orleans, Louisiana): When you aren’t being recruited by a bunch of centuries-old ghosts, this gorgeous public garden has more than a few shade trees to hide under for an impromptu make-out session.
2. Robber’s Cave State Park (Wilburton, Oklahoma): Lush, thick woods and beautiful cliff-side views make this state park a perfect place to have one of “those” conversations. Or one of those kisses.
1. The Mayhew Gazebo (Wilburton, Oklahoma): Privacy curtains and a ridiculous amount of flowers? Yes, please. But beware – it’s more than a little difficult to get a reservation at this place.
Avoid Like the Plague:
3. The Conjure Café (New Orleans, Louisiana): Definitely do NOT put this place on your brunch list. Unless you’re looking for a spell or a healthy dose of salmonella.
2. Any cemetery in Southeastern Oklahoma: Go looking for some grave rubbings and maybe the possibility of a few arty pictures, and you might wind up smack in the middle of an exorcism.
1. High Bridge (Wilburton, Oklahoma): Unless you have a death wish. Then, by all means, grab an old blanket and a picnic basket for your date. Just don’t forget the Seer Dust.
Born and raised in Oklahoma, Tara Hudson graduated with a degree in law, mostly because she believed all the horror stories about English majors and their careers in the food-service industry. Luckily, she soon remembered how much she loved telling ghost stories, particularly to her girlfriends who liked visiting abandoned cemeteries as much as she did. Tara currently lives in Oklahoma with her husband, son, and a menagerie of ill-behaved pets.
Want to read more from Tara Hudson?
Available June 4, 2013 from Harper Teen
About this Book:
A stalker ghost, misguided Seers, and spellbinding wraiths—Amelia Ashley has faced them all. Now her greatest hope is to spend the rest of her afterlife with her living boyfriend, Joshua. But the demonic forces return to give her an ultimatum: turn herself over to the darkness or watch them murder one living person per week until she does.
Amelia fears she might really be doomed, until the forces of light give her another option. She can join them in their quest to gather souls, with a catch: Once she joins them, she can never see Joshua again.
Faced with impossible choices, Amelia decides to take her afterlife into her own hands—and fight back.
Click HERE to read an excerpt
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.