Today’s Fifty Shades of YA Boys brings you another vampire hottie! Aidan Gray is here to tell us all about the perks of being a vampire. Aiden stars in the Winterhaven series by Kristi Cook. Haven and Mirage are both available now.
Thanks to Kristi one lucky winner will receive a signed copy of Haven, the first book in her Winterhaven series!
As a child, Kristi Cook took her nose out of a book only long enough to take a ballet class (or five) each week. Not much has changed since then, except she’s added motherhood to the mix and enjoys penning her own novels as much as reading everybody else’s. A transplanted southern gal, Kristi lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters.
Want to read more from Kristi Cook?
*Also visit Once Upon a Twilight for today’s other set of Hot YA Boys. You can follow along at Once Upon a Twilight and Dark Faerie Tales via Twitter and our blogs. You can also follow the hashtag #FiftyShadesYABoys.*
THE PERKS OF BEING A VAMPIRE
…or, things I might actually miss when I manage to find a cure for vampirism and rid myself of this curse.
1) Never having to worry about having a bad hair day. My hair—as well as everything else about myself—is always exactly the same. Every. Single. Day.
2) Knowing that I’ve personally rid the streets of some pretty awful predators—of the human kind. You know, murderers, rapists. An animal abuser here and there.
3) The indescribable rush—of power and pleasure—when my fangs find their target.
4) The sensation of flying I experience when moving faster than the human eye can perceive. It’s easy to see where the “bat” myth came from where vampires are concerned.
5) That mental telepathy “channel” that Violet and I share. It’s incredibly intimate to be able to speak directly into the mind of the person you love.
6) Lastly, being able to hear Violet’s heart race and her blood rush through her veins whenever we’re together. Because frankly, it’s pretty hot to know just how much I turn her on. Yeah, that’s what I’m going to miss the most. Definitely.
Fill in the Blank:
NOBODY KNOWS I AM: a chronic worrier. It’s a good thing lack of sleep won’t kill me, because I often can’t sleep, not with all the conflicting thoughts going through my head. Mostly to do with Violet, of course. It’s certainly gotten worse since I met her, no doubt about that.
I WISH I COULD STOP: time.
I’M A SUCKER FOR: girls who can kick ass.
A GOOD TIME FOR ME IS: lying down in the chapel’s loft with the girl I love, staring up at a full moon.
NOBODY WOULD BELIEVE ME IF THEY SAW ME: take out a would-be murderer in a matter of seconds.
I’D REALLY RATHER: be mortal.
THE FIRST THING I DO IN THE MORNING IS: picture Violet’s face.
KILL / FRAK / MARRY:
1. Lindsay Lohan – Easy one—kill. Do I really need to list the reasons why?
2. Katie Holmes – Hmm, frak. I guess. She’s pretty enough, but I certainly wouldn’t want to keep her around long term. You have to wonder about someone who’s willing to marry Tom Cruise, don’t you?
3. Heidi Klum – Marry. She’s hot, smart, and funny. ‘Nuff said.
This giveaway is provided by Kristi Cook
One lucky winner will receive a signed copy of Haven by Kristi Cook
Available June 5, 2012 from Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse
About this Book:
Seventeen-year-old Violet McKenna is back for her senior year at Winterhaven, and thrilled to be with Aidan after a long summer apart. But when a violent and disturbing vision begins to haunt her, Violet suddenly feels unsure of everything: who to trust, if she is in danger, and—worst of all—whether she and Aidan are really meant to be together.
Click HERE to read an excerpt
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.