I’m so pleased to welcome Jaye Wells here today to Dark Faerie Tales. The third book in her fabulous Sabina Kane series, Green-Eyed Demon, was recently released on March 1, 2011. The fourth book in the series is called Silver-Tongued Devil, and will be released in January 2012. You can read an excerpt from Green-Eyed Demon here. Personally, I really enjoyed Red-Headed Stepchild, which is the first book in the series. It still stands out in my mind as a breakout debut urban fantasy with a killer opening line.
After several years as a magazine editor and freelance writer, Jaye Wells finally decided to leave the facts behind and make up her own reality. Her overactive imagination and life-long fascination with the arcane and freakish blended nicely with this new career path. Her Sabina Kane urban fantasy series is a blend of dark themes, grave stakes and wicked humor. Jaye lives in Texas with her saintly husband and devilish son.
Hello readers of Dark Faerie Tales! Jaye Wells here. I write the Sabina Kane urban fantasy series about a former-assassin who is half-mage and half-vampire. Earlier this month, the third book in the series, GREEN-EYED DEMON came out and I thought I’d tell you a little bit about it. And since everything is better in list form, I’ve compiled:
The Top Ten reasons you should read GREEN-EYED DEMON
10. New Orleans! Seriously? How can you resist spending 400 pages in one of the coolest cities in America? By the time you’re done with this book you’ll feel like you’ve gorged on beignets and Dixie beer.
9. Accidental zombies! What? How is that possible? Read it and see.
8. Voodoo! Zenobia Foucher, proprietor of Madame Zenobia’s Voodoo Apothecary, has all your voodoo needs–from gris-gris bags to chicken feet charms to the proper herbs for speaking to the dead.
7. Crazy Cajuns! Don’t worry, no actual Cajuns were offended in the making of this book. Besides, I come from hearty Cajun stock myself, so I’m allowed to poke fun at the kinfolk.
6. Cemetery Brawls! What better location for a good old rumble than one of New Orleans’s famous Cities of the Dead? The dead won’t mind. In fact, since NOLA is one of the most haunted cities in America, you can probably bet they’re watching and cheering on the action.
5. Drag Queens! You haven’t lived until you’ve heard Pussy Willow’s rendition of “I Touch Myself.” Trust me on this–it’s breath taking.
4. Rockstar Parties! When Sabina and the gang stumble onto a party hosted by a world-famous shock rocker/recreant mage, they learn that some things can never be unseen.
3. Intrigue! Betrayal! What good story is without these elements? Sabina’s got more enemies and turncoat allies than a magepire deserves. Luckily she’s also got Team Awesome–Adam the mage and Giguhl the Michief demon–by her side.
2. Sexy Times! Okay, look, I am not an author who is known for writing lots of sex scenes. In fact, in three books there have been exactly two. But this particular book features a scene that many fans of the series have been waiting for since Red-Headed Stepchild.
1. TEASER! Okay so this is technically not why you should read Green-Eyed Demon. Rather it’s a reason you should read the next book SILVER-TONGUED DEVIL (out January 2012). Four words: Dark Races Roller Derby. That’s right, my friends, in the next book Sabina and the gang start their own roller derby team. What could be better than werewolves, vampires and faeries on roller skates? Nothing, that’s what.
I also have an exciting announcement. On April 18, I’ll be releasing a special short story titled “Violet Tendencies” in ebook format. This short is for those who finished GREEN-EYED DEMON and asked themselves, “But what happened to Valva the Vanity Demon.”
Here’s the blurb:
Former assassin Sabina Kane heads to Los Angeles to find her kidnapped sister. Helping her on the mission are her hot mage partner, her Mischief demon minion, and a Vanity demon named Valva. The problem? She’s got to figure out how to find her sister without letting her enemies know she’s back in town. But when Sabina seeks out an old ally — a vampire strip club owner named Fang — for help, Sabina learns the hard way that Vanity demons don’t know the meaning of the phrase “low profile.”
“Violet Tendencies” will be available on all ebook formats for $1.99 starting April 18. Enjoy!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.